Winter Service Tips for Business Customers
At Ace Carting we strive to provide our customers with the best service possible, however, rain, snow and wind can impact our ability to safely serve you. When we experience bad weather, please be patient with us.
Trash collection is a very dangerous industry and we ask for your help to make everyone’s day a bit safer: your staff, your customers, the public, and County Waste’s drivers.
To receive the best possible service during poor weather, please help us by following a few safety guidelines:
ACCESS TO CONTAINERS
- Our trucks need space! Make sure your road/parking lot is plowed and heavily sanded.
- Make sure your garbage and recycling containers are shoveled out the night before your collection day and not blocked in by any parked vehicles.
- Please do not block your dumpster area with excess snow. Remove snow away from your dumpster and sand heavily in areas needed for traction. Excess snow will prevent both your employees and ours from accessing the containment area. This includes the gates, inside the enclosure, and the direct path that leads to it.
- If your enclosure has doors with pins or rods that insert into the ground, there is a chance they can freeze, preventing us from accessing your dumpster. Placing salt around those pins and rods can help alleviate this from happening.
- Please bag your garbage and always close the lids. Open lids allow snow and rain to collect in the container. Exposed wet items freeze to your dumpster in these cold winter temperatures. Un-bagged trash can also lead to waste being left behind after pick-up.
Thank you for considering these tips and ensuring the safety of everyone.